Friday, August 30, 2013

6 months!

Our little girl is already 6 months old. Last week she had her check-up and she did great. She is still on the smaller side but we don't mind. She is gaining weight ok and looking healthy. Since camp we have gotten back into our routine with Bethany continuing to work and me staying home. Some weeks are harder and more tiring for Bethany but she does a great job handling it all. I have appreciated the opportunity to stay home with Paisley and not 'go to work' this summer. It is interesting, though, especially as the male how much our work is tied to our identity. Asking people what they do is one of the first things we ask and helps us understand who they are. I am not really ashamed to say that I stay home full time but often times I find myself justifying it to people and also sharing what I used to do. It has been a reminder that my identity is not in what I do, but it is who I am in Christ. Jesus Christ is my identity since it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. May you come to know or be reminded that your identity is not in what you do but who you are in Christ.

This past month there has been a lot of new things for Paisley. We introduced solid food- she's eaten squash, avocado, apple, pear, zucchini, sweet potatoe and banana. She does pretty well but we're still learning. She has gone in Lake Michigan a couple times as well as swimming in a pool. We also just recently took the leap to let her cry during the night and not get up to feed her. This was tough but we felt it was time. She usually cries about 15-30 minutes once in the night. Here are some pics as she discovers the world around her!

She loves driving her spaceship

A visit to MSU's children's garden with Karleigh & Tori 
This eating thing is really intimidating

But I think I can get the hang of it

Taking a dip in the lake

Loves to play with her feet
Posing for her 6 month pic with teddy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive