Since having a child, I realize how impatient I am and how patient God is with me. I can get frustrated with Paisley easily when she won't stop crying and I don't know what she wants. She acts like we cannot hear her or that we are far away but when we come to her we remind her that we are here and that she is ok. I think we can come across to God, our Father the same way. We can act and pray like God isn't nearby and doesn't hear us but He is always right there listening and He provides for us as He knows best. When Paisley cries she needs/wants something (milk, diaper changed, comforted, etc) and she wants it to be met immediately. This is how I can come to God at times- in crisis mode and wanting my request to be met immediately. Now at times it is appropriate to come to God like this but if that is all we are doing it shows our immaturity (we are babies in our faith). God is especially patient with us when we are immature in our faith but we must mature and learn to communicate with God beyond just crying to Him. We must have daily, intentional time with Him to know Him. As we know Him and mature we will want to carry out His will and His desires. That is our hope for Paisley as well-that as she grows she desires and values what we do. And that she won't be swept up by the things of this world but remain firm in the foundation that we are trying to establish, which is Jesus Christ.

No comments:
Post a Comment